This section of my portfolio contains content I've created as a user for existing games. I am not the copyright holder of these games or their content, and have only made fan/user content. All rights belong to their respective owner(s).
Character mods (Model editing and skinning)
For character mods I have taken existing 3D models and edited them to fit to existing character rigs, after which I have skinned them to these existing rigs. All of these mods were made for the PC version of the respective games only.
Resident Evil 6 - 3D character mods:
Kate Denson - Dead By Daylight
I had been playing a lot of Dead By Daylight with my friends, and one evening instead I played Resident Evil 6's Mercenaries No Mercy mode with them. We both said: "What if we could play this as our Dead By Daylight mains?".
So ZombieAli and I decided to port some DBD models to RE6.
I ended up going with my mainly used character, Kate. I also gave her the customized outfit I usually use in Dead By Daylight.
The mod replaces Sherry's 1st bonus costume, and can only be used in the bonus modes (without using a trainer).
The mod has full facial animations, but no hair physics.
I needed to adjust Kate's models slightly, and adjust it from DBD's A pose to RE6's T-pose. The body was manually skinned using the skin wrap and skin tools in 3Ds max 2012. for the face I used the skin utilities tools to transfer the skin weights from the DBD rig to RE6's facial rig.
RE6 is not the easiest game to mod because the modding tools can be very buggy, but I'm pretty happy with the final result of the mod.
Tofu from Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
Tofu replaces Chris' 2nd Samurai costume. The model was skinned in a way so that Tofu's "body" is skinned to the spine bones and to one of the legs so that it looks like Tofu is "hopping around" when walking.
The models needed to be skinned to the RE6 character rig, which is a regular T-Pose rig. For the skinning 3DS Max 2012 was used, using the "Skin wrap" and "Skin" tools.
After using the Skin Wrap, the skinning had to be corrected where needed, for this I manually edited the skinning by adjusting the vertex weights in the "Skin" modifier.